The starting point of any inversion is a properly made raw scan.
Read over this guide first, and make sure your scans are properly made. If your scans are non-linear, then you need to run them through any tool that will make them linear and save them in the tiff format.
- After downloading & installing CNMY, you will find the action folder in Photoshop.
- If you don't see the Actions panel, make sure it is activated under Window - Actions
- If using Affinity Photo, you will find the tool once you activate the panel from View - Studio - Macros
- Once you have the Actions panel brought up, you are ready to go!
- First select the 'Convert' action, then hit the play button
- If using Affinity Photo instead of Photoshop, you should crop the frame before converting!
- The initial result will be flat and neutral, conserving highlights
- Use one of the two AutoColor presets to adjust the image
- The Frontier preset requires you to have installed the included LUT file
- The Manual CC (Color Correction) action adds three adjustment layers
- This emulates working with a color head in traditional RA-4 printing
- Leave the Cyan adjustment as it is, and adjust the Yellow and Magenta layers first by changing their opacity